Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday.  I turned 35.  Yup, 35!  I can honestly say that my life is not where I thought it would be at this age, but I can also say that in some ways it is better.  I weigh less now than I did when I was in high school.  I am more physically active than ever.  I even got a workout in on my birthday--pilates.  I am eating healthier and making betters healthy choices.

That being said, I did over indulge a little bit on my birthday.  On my lunch break I knew I needed to eat, but wasn't sure what I was hungry for.  I ened up getting an individual round pizza from a gas station.  Bad choice, I know.  But--I didn't eat it all.  When I was full, I put the rest in the fridge.  I also had a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's.  I'm not a big fast food person and can honestly say this was the first time I had been to McDonald's since last year when I got a Shamrock Shake.


I went out to supper with my family to a Mexican restaurant called Paradiso.  You get a free dinner there on your birthday.  I ate chips and salsa while waiting for dinner.  I ordered the Chicken Burrito Montery.  It is a burrito filled with chicken, broccoli, and cheese.  It is served with a side of rice and steamed vegetables.  I always eat the rice and veggies first and end up taking most the burrito home.  My sister ordered the same thing, but didn't eat her rice and veggies so I took those home with my burrito.  Lunch for today!

I told my mom I did not want a cake for my birthday.  Of course she didn't listen.  When she went to serve the cake, she discovered it had "broke" after she frosted it.  I told her it was because I didn't want a cake and she didn't listen.  This will be remembered as the year of the broken cake.


I have a bad habit of getting on the scale every morning.  I know I shouldn't, but I do.  I was expecting a big gain after eating so much yesterday.  I was happy to see that I had a gain of less than 1 pound.  A win in my book!  I took today off from work as a present to myself.  I have been relaxing, but I did get a run in outside this morning as it is a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment