Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Spin Class & Yoga

Yesterday I attended my first ever spin class.  I know so many people that told me they love spin, but it kicked my butt.  I started by telling the instructor I had never done spin before.  She was very nice and helped me adjust the seat and handles of my bike.  She said it would be the most comfortable for riding.  Whenever I sat up straight on the seat I felt too high and like I would tip over.  The seat itself was VERY uncomfortable (and I am feeling it today)!  I consider myself an active, strong person, but when she had us stand and spin, I felt weak.  I could never make it the whole time standing - and it was only in minute intervals.  A few times I tried stopping/slowing down while standing and nearly fell off the bike.  It was not my most dignified workout ever.  I know that I should try it again next week, but I am scared.  It was so hard to make it through the class.

After spin I went to a yoga class.  While not a very strenuous workout, I did get a good stretch and relaxation session in.

After work today, I went to the gym.  I did 3.17 miles in 40 minutes.  I have been going to this gym since September, but I still do not like to treadmills there.  I feel like I could run faster on the treadmills at my old gym.

I took some lean hamburger out of the freezer this morning, unsure of what I was going to do with it.  After looking at lots of recipes, I decided to try a new one:  LaBamba Mexican Casserole.  I made a few changes from the recipe.  It called for ground turkey, but used lean ground beef and added green pepper to the beef while browning it.  I used fat free cheese instead of regular.  I didn't top the finished product with chopped tomato and green onions because I don't keep those on hand.  It didn't turn out as good as the picture looks (they never do). I wish fat free cheese would melt all gooey like regular cheese does.  That would have made it much better! :)  It was good and filling.   

Also--I have gotten my water in the past two days.  Water intake has been tough since moving and starting a new job.  Time to stop using that as an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment