Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Smoothie Experiment

I made a smoothie tonight--without following a recipe.  I love the website greenlitebites.com.  I have tried and enjoyed several of the recipes.  One thing that Roni makes often is smoothies, but I never seem to have the ingrediants that she uses on hand.  Last year she posted an "elastic" approach to making smoothies.  Basically it is a way to make a smoothie using what you have on hand.  I have wanted to try this for awhile and finally did it tonight.  This is what I did:
  • 1 banana--starting to ripen--put in freezer for a few hours
  • 4 whole frozen strawberries
  • 1 packet of Splenda
Put ingrediants into fake Magic Bullet.  Add skim milk about 2/3 full and blend.

That was it!  It could have been a bit sweeter, but it was pretty good.  I will definitely try my own smoothies again!

No comments:

Post a Comment