Saturday, September 29, 2012

My First 10K!

I am so proud of myself!  Today I ran my first 10K!  It was part of the Wild Hog Grand Forks Half MarathonWild Hog is a restaurant in Grand Forks that was main sponsor of the race.  The specialize in barbeque type food.  This was the inaugural event that includes a half marathon, 10K, and 5K.  The race course took us through residential neighborhoods in the southend of Grand Forks.

My goal was to finish in an hour and fifteen minutes.  I figured that if I can do a 5K in 33 and half minutes, that would be double and a little more.  I am proud to say I beat my goal!  I finished in one hour, 6 minutes and 10 seconds!

This is the front view of the medal I received.
This is the back view of the medal.  Check out the fork in the pig's butt! 
This is me after I got back to my parent's house about an hour after the race.

At 34 I ran my first 5K.  At 35 I ran my first 10K.  Will 36 bring a half marathon?

No comments:

Post a Comment